Easy healthy 4 ingredients berry pomegranate smoothie made with fresh mixed berries and pomegranate arils with a squeeze of lemon to create a vibrant, nutrition packed treat, perfect breakfast smoothie idea.
If you want to make a smoothie that tastes good, there are a few ways to build a better smoothie using familiar ingredients. Read more, then find my recipe for a simple Pomegranate Berry Smoothie you’ll love!
Dairy free, vegan and healthy triple berry smoothie made with pomegranate and berries. Mixed berry smoothie is great for any time of the day and in my house any season is welcomed to be served.
What benefits are in pomegranate?
Pomegranate smoothie or juice is jam packed with antioxidants but it also happens to be delicious and adds just the right tart-sweet component to this smoothie. Just make sure you pick up a brand that is pure pomegranate juice, not a mixture that contains a bunch of sugar. I used fresh pomegranate arils but feel free to use also ready-made juice if you can’t find some or it is not the season.
11 Reasons Why Berries Are Among the Healthiest Foods on Earth
- High in antioxidants like anthocyanins, which may protect your cells from free radical damage.
- May improve blood sugar and insulin response when consumed with high-carb foods or included in smoothies.
- Contain fiber, which may increase feelings of fullness, as well as reduce appetite and the number of calories your body absorbs from mixed meals.
- Low in calories yet rich in several vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C and manganese.
- May help reduce inflammation and decrease your risk of heart disease and other health problems.
- Have been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and help protect it from becoming oxidized, which may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- contain the antioxidant ellagic acid, which may help decrease wrinkling and other signs of skin aging related to sun exposure.
- s have been shown to reduce markers associated with tumor growth in animals and people with several types of cancer.
- can be enjoyed on most diets, as they’re low in calories and carbs and widely available fresh or frozen.
- improve arterial function in several studies in healthy people, those with metabolic syndrome, and people who smoke.
- delicious when served alone, with cream, or in healthy recipes.
WHAT TOOLS DO I NEED?
The star of the show today is my shiny new hiblendie portable blender makes it possibile , Go anywhere, blend everywhere with wireless charging high-quality BPA free and food grade materials, with a 4-point stainless steel blade. Blendie comes with a 1400 mAh battery powering a 7,4V motor & it’s waterproof !
I makes it possible to keep it healthy during the day since I have the possibility to make my smoothies anywhere on the go especially for busy parents, it is really perfect solution.
What are the ingredients in this smoothie?
- pomegranate arils
- lemon juice
- chilled water
- chia seeds (optional )
- coconut sugar ( optional)
Can you skip adding sweetener to the berry pomegranate smoothie ?
Yes you can. Along with the pomegranate arils and the mixed berries, I added ½ lemon squeeze which you can feel free to sub with 1/3 cup of chilled water .
I did add sweetener 1-2 TBS of maple syrup or coconut sugar but feel free not to add if you like it to be naturally sweetened , keep in mind the result will taste a little bit acid because of the fruit mix which is it for its nature not much sweet,
Healthy Berry Pomegranate Smoothie
- portable blender
- 1 handful fresh strawberries (sliced)
- 1 handful fresh raspberries
- ½ cup pomegranate juice or 1 handful fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- Fresh pomegranatearils optional for garnish
- Place all ingredients, in your blender cupor pitcher. Process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a glass and top withfresh pomegranate arils and mintleaves, if desired.