These famous Gideon’s Bakehouse Chocolate Chip copycat cookies are mind blowing. They are covered with chocolate chips, giant, large, thick & gooey.A nearly ½ pound richly-flavored cookie loaded with vegan mini chocolate chips and topped with sea salt flakes. The original version is not vegan, however, my recipe is Vegan and gluten free.
MEET GIDEON'S BAKEHOUSE
Gideon's are known for having the most melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Cake in a wonderful variety of favorite flavors ranging from Peanut Butter Cup to Andes Mint Cookies & Cream Cake! There first Flagship location is in Disney Springs at Walt Disney.
What's so special about Gideon's Bakehouse Chocolate Chip Cookies?
They are huge, about half pound weight, gooey and fully covered with mini chocolate chips and flaky salt.
If you haven't tried them yet, you don't know what you are missing.
Gideon's Bakehouse Cookie Recipe
The creator of these cookies is the only one in the world that knows the entire recipe to his creations. He shares on his Instagram page, “No one alive, outside of myself, knows the complete recipe.” He continues, “Every Gideon’s Cookie is handmade from scratch and takes over 24 hours to prepare. The Original Chocolate Chip Cookie took 15 years to perfect.” This cookie is known for being overloaded with multiple types of chocolate chips and for having a strong vanilla flavor since real vanilla beans are added into the dough.
What the ingredients I need to make Gideo's Bakehouse Vegan Chocolate Chip Copycat cookies?
How to make Gideon's Bakehouse Vegan Chocolate Chip cookies?
- whisk together dry ingredients
- beat together wet ingredients as in order mentioned above till smooth
- fold gradually dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a spatula
- add ½ cup of the chocolate chips and make the batter.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight
- mix the ½ chocolate chips with salt flakes .
- split dough into three equal balls, dip each in the chocolate chip mix with salt. Leave it as a ball on the parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400F/180C, 10-14 minutes or until golden brown
- remove from oven , let cool down
- enjoy immediately!
How many calories are in a Gideon's chocolate chip cookie?
Personalized health review for User added: Gideon's Bake House, Chocolate Chip Cookie: 400 calories, nutrition grade (N/A), problematic ingredients, and more
If you liked this Recipe you should checkout these desserts:
Gideon’s Bakehouse Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycat
- 1 Cup (135 g )all-purpose flour swap with 1:1 Gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon (85 g) plant-based butter , softened room temperature
- ¼ Cup (20 g) Vegetable shortening use coconut oil or any vegetable oil
- ½ Cup (80 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon any plant-based milk of choice I used almond
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Cup (160 g) vegan mini chocolate chips ( divided for two halves
- 1 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.1 Cup (135 g )all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon (8 g) cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Using an electric mixer or stand mixer, beat together the butter, shortening and brown sugar for 3-4 minutes, or until it is well blended, fluffy and noticeably lighter in color.6 tablespoon (85 g) plant-based butter, ¼ Cup (20 g) Vegetable shortening, ½ Cup (80 g) packed dark brown sugar
- When the sugar mixture is thoroughly creamed, add in the vanilla, maple syrup and almond milk and beat again on high until the mix is smooth and fluffy.1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 tablespoon any plant-based milk of choice
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet and use a spatula to fold together to form a dough.1 tablespoon (8 g) cornstarch, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 6 tablespoon (85 g) plant-based butter, ¼ Cup (20 g) Vegetable shortening, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1 teaspoon flakey sea salt, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add about half of your chocolate chips to the batter and mix. Add the rest of the chocolate chips to a small plate.1 Cup (160 g) vegan mini chocolate chips
- Chill your dough in the fridge while you preheat the oven to 400F. The longer you can chill this dough the better, but I suggest 30 minutes as a minimum starting point! Don't skip the chilling.
- When you are ready to bake, prepare a parchment lined baking sheet. Split the dough into three equal balls and dip each in the chocolate chips so that the tops of the cookies are dotted in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 400°F / 180°C for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately top each cookie with a sprinkle of sea salt.⅛ teaspoon salt
- Serve immediately!