These simple lemon, ginger, maple, and cayenne immunity shots are part of a wonderful immune booster juice to start the day right during cold and flu season (or any time of the year!)
You are what you eat! Especially during the flu season, it is even more important to help build our immune system with cleanliness, and lots of fruits and veggies, this is why you need to make these Lemon Ginger immune booster shots that helps you to keep the doctor away!
WHAT ARE THESE SHOTS MADE FROM?
This lemon ginger shots is a magical combination of simple but powerful ingredients that work together for a variety of health benefits and as an immune booster when it’s most needed. It helps our body fighting off viruses, boost our energy levels and metabolism, and packs a powerful punch of flavor!
WHY THESE LEMON GINGER SHOTS ARE HEALTHY?
If you follow my blog you know that I am a smoothie lover and make lots of juices, however these daily shots are there to work quickly, almost like a magical elixir – which means the flavor is often intense (but only lasts a minute) Usually I would drink a glass of water immediately after having to balance the spicy burning flavor . This particular ginger shot recipe actually contains cayenne pepper which packs a pow of heat. You can definitely feel it going down – but since it’s so effective I’ve learned to knock them back like a pro.
WHAT INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO HAVE?
Basic simple available ingredients :
- Fresh Lemon
- Cayenne Pepper
- Turmeric ( optional)
- Fresh Ginger
- Natural Sweetener
WHY GINGER IS HEALTHY?
You will always find fresh ginger at my apartment. Ginger has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and is known to improve brain functions, heart health, and even lower blood sugar levels. It’s also used to treat a variety of digestive ailments and helps fight colds and the flu.
Discover more about the magic of ginger in this article
WHY LEMONS ARE HEALTHY?
I love Lemons because they are a natural cure, great for our immune system, because of its high Vitamin C content, and also contain antioxidants that work to detox and cleanse the digestive system and liver.
To discover more about the health benefits of fresh lemons you should check out this article
DOES IT TASTE BITTER OR SWEET?
This Lemon Ginger booster is made with fresh ginger, as you know it does burn , so to balance that I really advice you to add a sweetener of choice, such as: Maple Syrup, Agave Syrup and if you are not following any plant based diet then you can swap with Honey.
IF you want too learn more Why maple syrup is healthy you should read this article
To assure that you get the most benefits of these lemon ginger shots I really advice you to add Cayenne pepper, not only because it packs a powerful hit of flavor but also boasts a wonderful list of health benefits. Cayenne pepper reduces inflammation and aid various ailments including coughs and an upset stomach, it is also an antioxidant – fighting harmful free radicals and preventing oxidative damage to our cells.
Cayenne pepper also aids healthy circulation in our bodies – perfect for those who suffer from any circulatory issues. Many people also use cayenne pepper when interested in weight management too, as it not only reduces hunger but can also boost your metabolism. And honestly, that is just the tip of the iceberg and the reason why I happily add a pinch of cayenne to lots of my meals.
If you want to get same brand I use then here is for you the link on Amazon for the Caynne Pepper I use .
If you would like to learn more about the cayenne pepper benifits then check out this article on HealthLine.
DO I NEED SPECIAL TOOLS TO MAKE IT
- BLENDER OR JUICER: You can make it with a Juicer or in Blender. This recipe will show you how to make it using a blender. I also love to save the shots in these mini galss bottles, they are 20 ml (2.8 ounces ), you can find them on Amazon.
- Fine-mesh sieve or Nut milk bag
HOW TO MAKE THE LEMON GINGER SHOTS
FIRST STEP IS , rinse and scrub the ginger root. There’s no need to peel it, just cut it into small enough piece so they can pass through the juicer, or add into the blender. I recommend you using a powerful high-speed blender such as Vitamix. I used this Vitamix Blender to make these shots.
Then, begin by juicing the ginger if you have a juicer.
In case you are making with a blender, then chop the ginger roughly, and toss it skin ON into a high speed blender. Since you are straining away the pulp this might work for you but only if you have a very strong high-speed blender such as a blendtec or vitamix
WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE FOR GINGER LEMON SHOTS
Keep your ginger lemon shots stored in the fridge up to one week. The cayenne pepper and turmeric will sink to the bottom – so make sure to shake the shot container before drinking.
You can also freeze the immunity shots into ice cubes and add to juices and smoothies when needed.
WHEN SHOULD YOU DRINK THESE LEMON GINGER SHOTS
The general recommendation for drinking ginger-lemon shots is to drink 1-2 ounces a day, typically in the morning before drinking or eating anything else, and be sure to drink it all at once. you can have a glass of water right after to wash away any burning if you’d like.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE
If other juice recipes are what you’re looking for, then you might like this HEALTHY 4 INGREDIENTS BERRY POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE
How To Make Ginger Lemon immunity Booster Shots
- Blender or Juicer
- Nut Milk Back or fine-mesh sieve
- Mini Glass Bottles
Prepare the Ginger
- (strongest heat): wash the ginger, chop it roughly, and toss it skin ON into a high speed blender. Since you are straining away the pulp this might work for you but only if you have a very strong high-speed blender such as a blendtec or vitamix
Juice the Lemons
- Once you have your fresh ginger in the blender, it’s time to juice the lemons. First WARM the lemons to get the most juice out of them. see note above how to warm lemons*
Make the shots
- When you have both ginger and lemon in the blender, it’s time to blend. (If you are intending to add cayenne pepper / turmeric powder add it now and the syrup .)
- Blend the chopped/pressed ginger and lemon juice until fairly cloudy, then pour this mixture through a fine-mesh sieve or nut milk bag, pushing the pulp against the screen with the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Save the pulp refrigerated to add to a fruity smoothie mixture within 24 hours.
- Store in refrigerator for 1 week. or in freezer in ice cube tray and use when you want. **
- *it is best to juice fresh lemons, not use bottled lemon juice which is missing nutrients from being processed.
- ** Read notes above to learn about storing options and advice how to drink and when. The general recommendation for drinking ginger-lemon shots is to drink 1-2 ounces a day, typically in the morning before drinking or eating anything else, and be sure to drink it all at once. you can have a glass of water right after to wash away any burning if you'd like.
- I always make a large batch so I freeze and thaw as needed.