Chocolate lovers all you need is 5 minutes to have your Tasty Chocolate Cake ready! So, put on your apron and get your bake on!
Being in lockdown is the best time to put on your apron and get your bake on! If you’re bored and need some positive distraction, a quick baking session can only do you some good.
This chocolate mug cake recipe has no eggs and can be made for one or two (if you like to share). It is one of the easiest dessert recipes you’ll ever make and you’ll never make another mug cake again after you try my recipe!
The simplest chocolate dessert yet incredibly moist, easy, and the best single-serving dessert out there (to share or not to share)!
Mug cake for one or two!
You likely have ALL the ingredients in your pantry already. When you get that late night craving? Or want a small batch dessert (and not whip out a giant baking pan to make brownies to nip that craving)? This chocolate mug cake IS FOR YOU!! If you haven’t made this yet; you are 100% missing out.
Also, being in quarantine means it’s not as easy to nip out and get a slice of cake when you’re really craving something sweet. Now more than ever we’re looking for small comforts to get us through these unusual and uncertain times. Cake and a cup of tea may not solve any of our problems, but it can give us a short sense of relief and distraction. The best we can do right now is try to stay as positive as possible. There is some evidence that chocolate induces positive effects on mood, so I’d like to think that chocolate cake can help us get there!
How do you make vegan chocolate cake single serve?
Making these vegan cookies is almost ridiculously easy. You only need 8 ingredients:
- oat flour . Use gluten-free oats if allergic/intolerant to gluten.
- ground almonds
- cocoa powder
- baking powder
- Peanut butter or any other nut butter
- maple syrup
- Almond milk or any other plant-based milk of choice
- dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
How to get the perfect result when you make mug recipes?
- Follow the exact ingredients int the recipe.
- First add the ingredients to a separate small bowl , mix till you get incorporated dough.
- Before transferring the dough to the mug or ramekins, slightly use coconut oil or oil spray and brush/oil.
- Don’t let the cake over cook, my microwave is 1200 W and it takes 1 minute cooking time, however, if you are using less power microwave them it might take extra 50 seconds, not more than that.
- For the best baking result in microwave place the mug in the centre.
Can I sub the oat flour with normal flour?
You can do that, only pay attention, adding raw flour and eating it is not that healthy, Place the flour on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 300 °F/ 148°C degrees for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork and continue.Make sure to keep the flour stirred and do not allow it to burn. Always sift the cooled flour as it has a tendency to form little clumps during the toasting process.
Can I bake instead of using in microwave?
Yes. 180°C/160°C (356°F) fan preheated oven for 15 minutes.
The BEST Chocolate Mug Cake recipe out there!
Seriously though, you’re probably so over mug cakes and you’re probably rolling your eyes at me right now but STOP! I promise you this isn’t like any other mug cake out there.
How to make Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Cake in microwave only in 1 minute?
- Ramekin / Mug
- 2 tbsp Oat flour – plain oats ground into a flour in the food processor. Use gluten-free oats if allergic/intolerant to gluten.
- 1 tbsp Ground almonds
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 1½ Tbsp Peanut butter or any other nut butter
- 1 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp Plant-based milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp Dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl, then add the almond butter, milk and maple syrup. Mix to combine, then fold in the chocolate chips. Transfer into a lightly oiled ramekin/mug. Microwave on high for 1-1.5 minutes. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.Serve with ice cream to make it extra decadent
- Instead of Microwave you could bake in a 180°C/160°C- 350°F fan preheated oven for 15 minutes
- You could use any Nut butter you like.
- To have for more serves double the quantities and divide in the mugs, microwave each one 1 minute separately.
- The microwave I use is 1200W, time might vary from microwave to another but should not take more than 1.5 minutes to be ready.
- If you want to use normal flour you can, read details in the recipe above.