4 Ingredients Parmesan Cheese to make at home, 100% plant based and gluten free, perfect to garnish pasta dishes, salads, grain bowls, toast, and more!
This vegan cashew parmesan cheese is now my go-to parm. There is a mason jar full of it in my fridge right now. There was a jar of it in the fridge last week. And there will be a jar in the fridge next week at this time.
WHAT I NEED TO MAKE PARMESAN CHEESE AT HOME?
- Raw cashews
- Gluten Free Nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- garlic powder
- BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR
IS THIS VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE GLUTEN FREE
Yes! as you see it is only 4 ingredients that don’t contain any gluten. Make sure to use gluten free. nutritional yeast.
DO I HAVE TO USE NUTRUTIONAL YEAST
If you don’t have nutritional yeast you can substitute per tablespoon: 2-3 teaspoons Brewer’s yeast (slightly bitter) OR – 2-3 teaspoons Yeast extract.
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF CASHEWS
If you’re allergic to cashews and cashews only, you can make this recipe with:
- Pine nuts
- Macadamia nuts
- HEMP SEEDS
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- If all nuts and seeds are off limits, you could use a mixture of all nutritional yeast and salt. It’ll be different, but it’ll still be nice. You could even toss in some bread crumbs for the texture that nuts usually create. Herbs and spices could help to jazz it up, too.
If you have a tree nut allergy but you can tolerate seeds, try:
If you’d like to go beyond the basics, you can certainly add additional seasonings to your cashew parmesan cheese. These could include:
- Onion powder
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (for a spicy version)
- Dried oregano
This perennial condiment goes on anything and everything in my home. I use it on pasta, SALADS, and BOWLS.
Here a recipe that I most like to use this Vegan Parmesan with:
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PARMESAN CHEESE ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS( NUTRITIONAL YEAST + CASHEW)
- ¾ Cup Raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until a fine meal is achieved.
- Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.