This easy Tomato Soup recipe makes a creamy, rich tomato soup that’s perfect for enjoying as a hearty lunch or light dinner in fall. During winter days this roasted tomatoes soup is truly comforting. It is the perfect next to grilled cheese croutons!
WHICH SEASON IS PERFECT TO MAKE THIS SOUP
Smooth, savory tomato soup is a delicious dish that is great to enjoy anytime of the year. The bold, bright flavor of fresh tomato is wonderful in the spring and summer, and the creamy richness of the broth makes it the perfect comfort food for a cold fall or winter night. There’s never a time I’m not craving a bowl!
I DON'T HAVE AN OVEN, CAN I MAKE ON STOVE?
Yes, cover the pan and cook for 50 minutes, checking occasionally with a fork till tomatoes are tender.
CAN THIS SOUP BE FROZEN?
Yes, you can freeze this tomato soup and simply defrost when you crave it.
Low Effort Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup in Oven
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 8 Roma tomatoes halved
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 1 white onion halved
- 1 Thyme sprig
- 2 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Cup (237 ml) Vegan cooking cream (or vegan heavy cream)
- 3 Cups (700 ml )Vegetable stock
- ½ Cup (45 g) Vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 202° C /400°F
- Cut the tomatoes to halves
- Cut the onion two halves
- Add in a big pot which can be used in oven , drizzle of olive oil, arrange the tomatoes and add the garlic cloves, onion halves , theme sprig , balsamic vinegar , pepper and salt
- Roast for 40-50 minutes, just until starting to brown.
- Add in the vegetable stock, the vegan cooking cream, the vegan Parmesan and using a hand blender or any blender/ food processor you have Scrape everything into the blender , puree until completely smooth and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately with buttered crunchy bread (obviously!).
- leftovers could be stored in fridge in airtight container up to 3 days and in freezer up to 3 months .