Healthy single-serve vegan monkey bread is the most delectable sticky-sweet bread with cinnamon caramel goo baked between puff-balls of gluten-free dough!
The first time I tasted monkey bread I fell absolutely in love with it. Like this-might-be-better-than-chocolate-cake in love. How could you not, it’s soft cinnamon bread with caramel goo baked right in between every little puff-ball of sweet dough!
This Pull Apart Monkey Bread recipe is a delicious dessert (or decadent breakfast treat). It’s dripping with caramel and cinnamon. We took this to a tobogganing party at our friends’ place and it was an enormous hit!
If you like making Mug Cake recipes, you should check out this Vegan Chocolate Cake , or The Fastest Vegan Pizza (Dinner)/ Best Microwave Mug Pizza in 1 minute
Low Effort Vegan & Gluten Free Mug Monkey Bread
- 1 Flaxseed egg Mix 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal +3 tablespoon water - let them sit to jelly for 5 minutes) or swap with ½ rips banana - mashed in this case
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil (Room temperature- not melted ) + extra ½ teaspoon to brush
- 4 tablespoon All purpuse flour + extra for dusting Swap with gluten free 1:1 , you could also swap with 2 tablespoon Almond flour + 1 tablespoon Tapioca
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon Almond milk Swap with any other plant based milk you prefer
- 2 tablespoon Coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon Powder
- Blend all the sugar mixture ingredients together .
- Bend the caramel glaze ingredients.
- Blend all the ingredients for the dough. It should be quite sticky but firm enough to work with. When you add the milk pay attention to add a little bit just to make the dough comes together. In case of using banana you might not need to add te milk . Depends on the ½ banana size you use .
- Add to a floured surface & with your hands tap down dough & fold like an envelope ( it should be 4 fold in total from each side )& cut to 4 or 8 triangles then roll with your hands to small balls.
- Brush the microwave safe ramekin then place in it the balls .
- Top with the caramel glaze ( it will be thick)- Microwave for 1 minute ( mine 1200 W) so if yours less it might be 1:30 seconds, just keep an eye on it while making. Or Bake in preheated oven 350° F/ 176°C 14 minutes.
- Top with the rest of the caramel glaze ( first microwave or heat it 20 seconds so it turns more liquid).