The easiest Homemade Granola!
Did you know you can make toasty, crunchy Microwave Granola? Well, you can and it is incredible.
You won’t believe that it comes out of the microwave crunchy, just like baked granola but without the wait and wash up. Just mix it in one mug in minutes, pop it into the microwave and you’re done! It is real food made fast in your microwave.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so that’s why you want to fuel yourself with good ingredients that give you energy until lunch time. This granola is dairy free, gluten free and suitable for vegans.
To save you even more time, mix up your granola the night before and then the next day pop it in the microwave and enjoy.
What you need to make Granola in a mug?
Which flavours you could make
This Microwave Granola in a Mug recipe is totally customisable so add any fruit or nuts you like. If you don’t like coconut then replace it with a seed or nut.
Can The recipe be baked instead of making in microwave?
Absolutely yes ! Only take in consideration that the time might be more 3-5 minutes instead in microwave , temperature 180°C/ 350°F
Microwave Granola in a Mug
- A Mug
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (honey or agave)
- 2 tsp water
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp salt*
- 4 ½ tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp pecans , chopped
- In the large microwave safe mug, mix the maple syrup, water, oil, salt, oats and nuts until blended.
- Microwave for 1 minutes 30 seconds and stir, making sure to stir up any syrup on the bottom of the mug. (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Microwave for 1 minutes longer or until oats are golden brown. You will see them getting golden in color and starting to toast up. Be careful it doesn’t get too hot as it can burn.
- Let it stand for 2 to 3 minutes to cool before eating. If you have extra store in an airtight container for 5 days.
- Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. The mugs I use are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup)
- Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t over flow or over cook.
- Add 1 chopped tablespoon of dried fruit once microwaved (e.g., raisins, apricots, cranberries)
- ⅛ teaspoon is simply a ½ of a ¼ teaspoon
Checkout more Mug Meals