I wait for Christmas to make these vegan gingerbread cookies for my kids. These Gingerbread men are crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside, and packed with ginger, cinnamon, and brown sugar flavor.
The best part is the family gathering while I make these; everyone wants to give a hand and help, especially in the frosting part. So my advice for you to make these during the weekend and everyone are around. So much fun!
I hope you’ll love these vegan gingerbread cookies! They are:
- Festive and fun
- Perfectly crispy on the outside
- Soft and deliciously chewy on the inside
- Infused with ginger goodness
- Easy to make!
What ingredients do you need to make these Vegan Gingerbread cookies?
- Vegan Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Flax Egg
- Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Ginger*
- Ground Cinnamon*
- Ground Cloves*
- Powdered (Icing) Sugar
- Soy Milk
* You can also use Gingerbread ready Mix instead
So whaddaya think of these vegan gingerbread cookies? Let me know in the comments! Rate the recipe and let me know how it turned out if you made them!
Tag me #vgnbites on Instagram if you take any photos, I’d love to see them!
And sign up to our mailing list if you haven’t already. Not only will you get a fabulous free ebook containing 5 gorgeous mug recipes but you’ll also stay up to date with all our latest recipes!
Healthier Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
- Rolling Pin
- Piping bag
- Gingerbread Cutters
For the Gingerbread Cookies:
For the Decorating Frosting:
- 1 cup (120g) Powdered (Icing) Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Milk
Make the Gingerbread Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Add the vegan butter and brown sugar to an electric mixing bowl and cream together
- Add the molasses, vanilla and flax egg to the electric mixer and beat together with the vegan butter and brown sugar.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice and cloves and mix together.
- Add all the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl containing the wet ingredients and mix into a thick batter.
- Flour a surface and your hands very generously and transfer the cookie dough onto the baking surface. Roll it into a ball, adding flour as needed so it doesn’t stick.
- Roll out with a rolling pin to around a ¼ inch thick and cut out some gingerbread men. Dip your cookie cutter in flour each time so it doesn’t stick. Move the gingerbread men to a parchment lined baking tray.
- Gather the scraps of dough, form into a ball and roll out again, cutting out more men.
- Don’t be shy to add more flour each time, this dough can be quite sticky and you need it not to be as you roll it, so add flour as needed. Any excess flour on the gingerbread cookies will bake off.
- Repeat this process until you have used all the dough.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before decorating.
Make The Frosting:
- When you’re ready to decorate, mix the decorating frosting ingredients together. It should be quite thick, but when you stir it into a peak, it should hold it’s shape for a bit before melting back down and should be quite sticky.