How Long Does It Take To Make A Microwave Vegan Pizza for dinner in a mug?
This is really the fastest vegan Pizza, made in a Microwave Mug Pizza and it is a real meal made using good quality ingredients. This single-serving recipe can be whipped up in 5 minutes, and it’s the perfect solution when you are on the go and want something homemade and satisfying.
My mug meals are easy food recipes for any occasion: they’re perfect for lunch, dinner, snacks, after school, easy college meals, sleepovers, pizza parties, or even Birthday parties!
Check out this Amazing Mug Mac & Cheese recipe. And this amazing Mug Granola recipe.
How To Make The Best Microwave Vegan Pizza in a mug?
Get ready — it’s really easy!
First, use your favorite microwavable mug. Mix up a pizza crust with just a few ingredients you already have on hand (full recipe below!). Then, you can customize your Microwave Vegan Mug Pizza with your favorite toppings. I’m a fan of a classic Margherita pizza, but mushroom is a close second.
Can I bake instead of using Microwave?
Yes, pay attention in this case the time would be extra 3-4 minutes, 350°F / 18’°C.
How to avoid eating raw flour?
To make the flour safe to use and not raw:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350° F/ 180° C
2. Spread the flour out in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes. Let cool.
Best Microwave Mug Pizza
- 4 tbsp all purpose flour* sub with GF if needed
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- 1/16 tsp baking soda
- ⅛ salt
- 3 tbsp plant based milk use unflavored milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 generous tbsp shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil
- ½ tsp dried Italian herbs (basil or oregano will work)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a microwavable mug.
- Add in the milk and oil then mix together. There might be some lumps but that is ok.
- Spoon on the marinara sauce and spread it around the surface of the batter.
- Sprinkle on the cheese, and dried herbs
- Microwave for 1 minute 10 – 1 minute 20 seconds, or until it rises up and the toppings are bubbling (timing is based on my 1200W microwave so your timing might vary)
- Enjoy straight away!
- Cooking time will vary greatly depending on your microwave and the width and depth of the mug. The mugs I use are small, roughly 6oz (¾ /1 cup)
- Always keep a close eye on your mug while in the microwave so it doesn’t overflow or over cook.
- ⅛ teaspoon is simply a ½ of a ¼ teaspoon
1/16 teaspoon is simply a ¼ of a ¼ teaspoon
- * To make the flour safe to use and not raw:
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350° F/ 180°C.
2. Spread the flour out in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes. Let cool.
For more Mug Meal recipes check these out!